版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

音乐大神

发表于 2020-3-6 18:11:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
辑简介:
比利·乔1949年5月9日出生于纽约的希克斯维尔。4岁就开始接受钢琴训练,虽然7 岁时父亲的弃家,使他和母亲二人陷于困境,但比利·乔从未放弃对音乐的浓厚兴趣。
1968年比利·乔就以一名自弹自唱的民谣歌手形象出现在歌坛上,多年不得志的日子并没有使比利·乔失掉音乐创作的信心,反而使他愈挫愈勇,坚守自己独树一帜的创作风格,终于在Bee Gees把迪斯科带向疯狂的时期,比利·乔竟以一张名为《The Stranger》的专辑异军突起, 并不受当时潮流的影响而获得了空前的成功,在当年格兰梅大奖中比利·乔以一首《Just The Way You Are》连获“最佳唱片”与“最佳歌曲”两项最高荣誉。紧接着格兰梅奖中比利·乔又以一张《52nd Streed》的优异表现获得了两个大奖,专辑打头阵推出的一首单曲《My Life》,告诉人们,不要怕别人对你的看法,应履行你自己的人生。
80年代初, 比利·乔推出摇滚专辑《Glass Honses》受到音乐学术界的好评,并使得他夺得了23届葛莱美“最佳摇滚男歌手”奖。随后他再接再厉推出了一张复古式的摇滚大作《An Lunoceent Man》,其中《UpTown Girl》、《The Longest Time》等5首单曲进入了单曲排行榜,歌迷为之疯狂。比利·乔可以说是五、六十年代摇滚乐所繁衍的后代,加之他坚持自己的风格而不随波逐流,并保持虚心的态度,所以在歌坛不断取胜。
The back-to-back success of The Stranger and 52nd Street may have brought Billy Joel fame and fortune, even a certain amount of self-satisfaction, but it didn't bring him critical respect, and it didn't dull his anger. If anything, being classified as a mainstream rocker -- a soft rocker -- infuriated him, especially since a generation of punks and new wave kids were getting the praise that eluded him. He didn't take this lying down -- he recorded Glass Houses. Comparatively a harder-rocking album than either of its predecessors, with a distinctly bitter edge, Glass Houses still displays the hallmarks of Billy Joel the pop craftsman and Phil Ramone the world-class hitmaker. Even its hardest songs -- the terrifically paranoid "Sometimes a Fantasy," "Sleepin' With the Television On," "Close to the Borderline," the hit "You May Be Right" -- have bold, direct melodies and clean arrangements, ideal for radio play. Instead of turning out to be a fiery rebuttal to his detractors, the album is a remarkable catalog of contemporary pop styles, from McCartney-esque whimsy ("Don't Ask Me Why") and arena rock ("All for Leyna") to soft rock ("C'etait Toi [You Were the One]") and stylish new wave pop ("It's Still Rock and Roll to Me," which ironically is closer to new wave pop than rock). That's not a detriment; that's the album's strength. The Stranger and 52nd Street were fine albums in their own right, but it's nice to hear Joel scale back his showman tendencies and deliver a solid pop/rock record. It may not be punk -- then again, it may be his concept of punk -- but Glass Houses is the closest Joel ever got to a pure rock album.

曲目列表:
1. You May Be Right
2. Sometimes a Fantasy
3. Don’t Ask Me Why
4. It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me
5. All for Lenya
6. I Don’t Want to Be Alone
7. Sleeping With the Television On
8. C’etait Toi (You Were the One)
9. Close to the Borderline
10. Through the Long Night
试听:

网盘链接:
VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-10-26 20:24 , Processed in 0.065391 second(s), 42 queries .