发表于 2020-3-7 20:38:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
专辑简介:
Richard Strauss:
Josephslegende
Love Scene from Feuersnot
Festmarsch

Royal Scottish National Orchestra
Neeme Järvi (Jarvi)

Note: this review, based on audition of the 24/96 surround download. was originally posted on the forum of the SA-CD.net website. It has been edited slightly for this Amazon review.

I had planned to obtain this release earlier because, about a year ago, it was reviewed on the Audiophile Audition website, where the reviewer wrote, "This SACD gets my vote over my earlier review [sic! the reviewer could use a refresher course on English usage] of Ivan Fischer's recording on Channel Classics. The sonics are a bit warmer and you can actually hear the pipe organ in the final section. Järvi also brings more of a sense of drama to his performance. . ." I was surprised to read this, since Jared (C. Jared Sacks) has received such acclaim for producing magnificent recordings with Fischer and the BFO - deservedly so, IMHO.

However, during the last few years, Chandos (again IMHO) has also released one splendid recording after another, so maybe there was something to that reviewer's observation. When I listened to the Järvi/RSNO recording yesterday, I was definitely impressed: dynamics and frequencies seemed (subjectively) as uninhibited as current technology will allow, and the performance had a clarity and patience that I don't always associate with Järvi. (I usually think of him as a conductor who likes to drive ahead to the finish line - at least on his more recent recordings!) No question in my mind that this is a great recording which makes a compelling case for a work which many listeners find "difficult going" among Strauss's output.

I haven't had the chance to queue-up my copy of the Fischer/BFO SACD for direct comparison purposes yet, but my shoot-from-the-hip initial impression (relying on my memory of the last time I played the Channel Classics SACD) is that both recordings are wonderful. (Also, a blow-by-blow direct comparison might not be that revealing or even valid, since I play this new Chandos recording through my computer, and I'd be playing the Fischer/BFO recording through one of my SACD players.)

Perhaps another point in favor of this new Chandos recording is the inclusion of a couple of additional works: the love scene from "Feuersnot" and the "Militärischer Festmarsch", which Strauss wrote in 1876, when he was. . . (yikes!) about 12 years old!! Talk about a musical prodigy!

One last thing: I looked at a spectrograph of the opening track of this new recording (remember, I have the download, not the SACD), and, like so many other recent Chandos recordings, it looks superb: musical signal to 46KHz, with an absolutely noiseless background. Chandos - please keep 'em coming like this!
曲目列表:
  1. Josephslegende, Op 63 - Royal Scottish National Orchestra
  2. Love Scene from Feuersnot, Op 50 - Royal Scottish National Orchestra
  3. Festmarsch, Op 1 - Royal Scottish National Orchestra
试听:

网盘链接:
VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 10:37 , Processed in 0.077027 second(s), 42 queries .