积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

十年荣誉奖章音乐大神

发表于 2020-3-8 20:48:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
专辑简介:
John Adams' Harmonielehre was premiered with the SFO in 1985, conducted by Edo de Wart in a landmark Nonesuch recording in the heyday of musical "minimalism". If Philip Glass was a “classicist” among minimalists, Adams with this work showed himself to be more of a “romanticist”. Indeed the work is often of a full and rich orchestral texture coupled with a sparer minimalist outline that takes us on an emotional journey through three movements.

Musical development is very sophisticated rhythmically, tonally and harmonically and with the shifting palette of its orchestration from full orchestra to ensemble and solo passages. Some are reminded in the slow movements of a Mahler or Bruckner adagio or perhaps at times of the recurring rhythms in the scherzo of the Bruckner 6th Symphony. Others may perceive passages with similarity to movie background music, like perhaps a Bernard Hermann score for Citizen Kane or Vertigo. Or, maybe something more like a good, moody Hollywood, black-and-white tear jerker from the 1940's. Except, there is no recognizable development of melodic themes, as such. There is nothing discernible to whistle after you have heard it.

That it parallels the sweep and varied emotional path of traditional symphonic movements or tone poems is made interesting by the virtual lack of recognizable melody or lyricism. Some have suggested a good-natured satirical or tongue-in-cheek aspect to the work, and I agree. It always brings a smile to my face as I hear the work’s originality. And, though its title is perhaps based on Arnold Schoenberg's influential treatise on his theory of harmony from 1910, the Adams work comes across as something much more accessible than most of Schoenberg’s music. It invariably brings audiences to their feet in admiration and enjoyment. It is definitely a satisfying and fun musical ride. But, caution. You may want to turn your volume down a bit before starting because the opening is shall we say, rather BOLD!

Speaking of rides, the disk also includes Adams' Short Ride In a Fast Machine. This was premiered by conductor MTT with the Pittsburgh Symphony in 1986. It is an interesting orchestral short piece that was inspired by a thrilling but also harrowing ride in a Lamborghini. The almost metronomic rhythm of the wood block sets the minimalist tone.

One is hard pressed with works like these to comment on interpretation or realization. Suffice it to say they are flawlessly and excitingly played by the SFO under MTT. Adams was composer in residence with the SFO for many years and resides across the Bay in Berkeley, so I expect this is as definitive a performance as one is likely to get.

This is certainly the best sounding recording to date of these works. The multichannel sound before a live audience is superb, providing excellent, crystal-clear imaging of the complex orchestral forces in the shifting tapestry between full orchestra and smaller ensemble play. Dynamics are awesome at times. I have not been in Davies Hall myself, but, as with the best Mch SACD's, we hear a very plausible and life-like, three-dimensional image of the orchestra in the hall, with surround speakers disappearing, as they should, in a properly set up system. Sorry, I do not do stereo where the Mch version is available.

This disk is therefore most highly recommended. I think most will really enjoy it.
曲目列表:
01 Harmonielehre - Part I.
02 Harmonielehre - Part II. The Anfortas Wound
03 Harmonielehre - Part III. Meister Eckhardt and Quackie
04 Short Ride in a Fast Machine
试听:

网盘链接:
VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 08:57 , Processed in 0.072312 second(s), 42 queries .