积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

十年荣誉奖章音乐大神

发表于 2020-3-8 21:09:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
专辑简介:
The Doors: The Best of the Doors, Hybrid SACD, Stereo and Multichannel 4.0.

I have been really nervous about this review as I know there will be others who will be highly critical of my review as The Doors are one of the most iconic rock bands in history. I am confident that I can put out a good review of The Doors as I have grown up with them from inception. That said, I may not be as good as others when it comes to definitions of sonic quality. I have read articles on Quadrophonic early recordings and remastering of such so I feel I get the basics of a complicated subject. I also own the Analogue Productions 5.1 remasters for a bit of comparison, not to mention original LP's, cassettes, RBCD's etc. This recording originally released in 1973 as an LP for Quadrophonic called CD-4 QuadraDisc. Also as a stereo disc,an 8 track and reel to reel Quad formats. My disc # 2339.

Performance: A great Greatest Hits package. All tunes are radio hits and familiar, except for track one which is a very weak cover of Who Do You Love. Who can beat Quicksilver Messenger Service from Happy Trails?

Stereo Sonics: Don't bother. They are flat, narrow sound stage and if you have any stereo version of these Doors tunes you will not be adding definitive versions to what you already own.

4.0 Multichannel Sonics: I believe I am biased with the tremendous reissue of Analogue Productions 5.1 series and in potential defense of others I cannot appreciate this Quad release. It is bright, and I felt ear fatigue listening at 69 decibels. The mix of the 4 speakers takes certain parts, instruments, and parks them in a speaker, but I think this is the point of Quad. I have listened to other Quad discs and the remix is much funner as the sounds move around. There are no gimmicks here and every once in a while an instrument will get parked in a rear speaker and will become irritating to me. The front is mixed very well and Morrison's vocals are always dead center which is great. I guess I felt like I was in a box of 4 speakers and I didn't like it. The sonic quality is beautiful throughout once I turned it down. It would be quite a chore to A/B the entire disc with all the various AP discs but I did A/B Riders On The Storm as you know that has a big stage. The AP 5.1 trumps the AF 4.0 hands down. I listened to the 5.1 at 73.5 decibels and my ears felt better.

Packaging: Plastic jewel case with Audio Fidelity slip cover. Mini paper booklet with limited notes and a few cool pictures. Only on the rear of slip cover there is a credit in small print of our own Brian Moura, "Multichannel Maven: Brian Moura" I do not know what a multichannel maven is but kudos to bmoura for making it on a Doors disc.

In the end: this disc in my opinion is only for The Doors purist, somebody who can appreciate the difference of a Quad vs 5.1 vs Stereo recording. I initially was not going to purchase it but I wanted to further educate myself and believe it or not support Audio Fidelity, but it was a bust for me in the end for multiple reasons.

I hope my review was helpful and if it wasn't then you can email me as that is how I learn.
曲目列表:
1. Who Do You Love?
2. Soul Kitchen
3. Hello, I Love You
4. People Are Strange
5. Riders on the Storm
6. Touch Me
7. Love Her Madly
8. Love Me Two Times
9. Take It as It Comes
10. Moonlight Drive
11. Light My Fire
试听:

网盘链接:
VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-10-26 22:28 , Processed in 0.072044 second(s), 42 queries .