积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

十年荣誉奖章音乐大神

发表于 2020-3-11 15:38:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
专辑简介:
While there are a plethora of females out there purporting to be jazz singers today, very few can hold a candle to the legends of days gone by. Most are OK, but tend to have a sameness to their interpretations of the songs they choose to sing that borders on the boring. Yet one, and she is a new name to me, who stands out from the same old same old pack of today is jazz singer Lyn Stanley. Below are pictures of both her albums now available. I have listened to both and what will catch your attention as it did mine was both how she has something new to add to these standards as well as how she seems to have a deep understanding of each song she sings. Another aspect of her singing is that she sounds like a jazz singer, not a pop singer trying to sing jazz. She modulates her tone and phrasing in the same way a tenor sax player would handle his instrument during a solo. This is something lacking in so many of todays jazz singers. Just listen to her sing "I'm Walking" from her "Potions" album for a brilliant example of what I'm talking about.
Sonically, these discs are something very special. Recorded in PCM but mixed in analog and then converted to DSD for release as hybrid SACD, there is a richness, a liveness, a realness to the sound of these discs that will fair take your breath away. I don't what magic Ms. Stanley and her team uses here (and she's not saying), but the results are such that these may very well be one of (if not the) finest sounding SACD's in my collection. Also, these discs were mastered by the great Bernie Grundman, so you know they've received the best possible handling in the critical mastering area. Plus, Ms. Stanley is backed here by the cream of west coast jazz musicians, players like pianist Bill Cunliffe, drummers Joe La Barbera and Jeff Hamilton, guitarist Thom Rotella, bassist Mike Valerio and Kevin Axt among a host of others. And the recording captures each instrument just as you'd be hearing it in the recording studio. Amazing and totally enjoyable.
I can't begin to tell you how much fun it is to listen to these discs. I never find my attention wandering, but focused on each and every word of each song - and hating when the last note of the last song wafts off into space, because I just want more. The marriage of a singer with both jazz talent and an understanding of what she's singing together with recordings that stand with the absolute best make these two SACD's a must buy for the audiophile (and audiophile jazz love in particular). These are the discs you'll be reaching for both to show off your system and for the pure entertainment value. Bravo Lyn Stanley. All I can say is, more please.
曲目列表:
1. Lullaby Of Birdland
2. Cry Me A River
3. Fly Me To The Moon
4. Hey There
5. I’m Walkin’
6. You Don’t Know Me
7. In The Still Of The Night
8. The Thrill Is Gone
9. A Summer Place
10. Love Potion #9
11. Teach Me Tonight
12. After The Lights Go Down
13. Misty
14. The Party’s Over
15. The Man I Love
试听:

网盘链接:
VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 13:56 , Processed in 0.081771 second(s), 42 queries .