找回密码
 立即注册

手机号码,快捷登录

手机号码,快捷登录

搜索
查看: 287|回复: 0

[欧美] San Francisco Symphony, Michael Tilson Thomas - Mason Bates: Works for Orches...

[复制链接]

2万

主题

回帖

6万

积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

十年荣誉奖章音乐大神

发表于 2020-1-13 12:36:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
简介:
Mason Bates - Works for Orchestra - San Francisco Symphony, Michael Tilson Thomas - SFS Media 0065 (2016)
DSF 2ch DSD128 (5.64MHz) (5.63GB) | Source: bluecoastmusic.com | Classical, Modern Composition, Avant-Garde, Electronic

Fifteen years ago, I had been on California soil scarcely a month when I stumbled into Davies Symphony Hall. Immediately, Michael Tilson Thomas & the San Francisco Symphony blew my musical mind. The inaugural SFS American Mavericks festival featured some of the most demanding & audacious symphonic programs I had ever encountered梖rom John Cage to David Del Tredici? through ingenious programming & presentation, the experience was thoroughly engaging & fun. That spirit of joyful adventure is what I so cherish about Michael & the SFS, & why this release is such a milestone for me.
The 3 pieces on this album are my largest electro-acoustic works, my wildest explorations into the power of an expanded symphonic palette & its implications for imaginative new forms. The electronic sounds range from glaciers to industrial techno to a NASA spacewalk, which raises the creative challenge of integrating them into the orchestra & thereby taking the medium to new places. New sounds have often provoked new forms throughout music history梩hink of the Technicolor textures of Berlioz & Wagner bringing to life ingenious programmatic forms?& I look to the digital world as an important 21st century expansion of the orchestral sound world.
Michael has been a tremendous mentor over the years, always challenging me with obscure listening assignments &, often, actual composition assignments (The B-Sides began as a response to Schoenberg抯 5 Pieces for Orchestra). During my years in the Bay Area, it has been quite a trip to migrate from SFS audience member to contributing composer, & the San Francisco Symphony continues to be my window into the limitless possibilities of an orchestra.
~ Mason Bates
曲目:
01 - The B-Sides- I. Broom of the System            
02 - The B-Sides- II. Aerosol Melody (Hanalei)      
03 - The B-Sides- III. Gemini in the Solar Wind      
04 - The B-Sides- IV. Temescal Noir                  
05 - The B-Sides- V. Warehouse Medicine              
06 - Liquid Interface- I. Glaciers Calving           
07 - Liquid Interface- II. Scherzo Liquido           
08 - Liquid Interface- III. Crescent City            
09 - Liquid Interface- IV. On the Wannsee            
10 - Alternative Energy- I. Ford's Farm, 1896        
11 - Alternative Energy- II. Chicago, 2012           
12 - Alternative Energy- III. Xinjiang Province, 2112
13 - Alternative Energy- IV. Reykjavik, 2222         

试听:

付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-10-26 04:27 , Processed in 0.075871 second(s), 40 queries .