积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

音乐大神

发表于 2020-2-2 09:32:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
简介:
The familiar "formula" that Monk utilized throughout most of his '60s tenure at Columbia was firmly in place on this, his fourth album for the label. But that recipe--originals sprinkled with covers, played by a quartet of familiar sidemen (veteran tenor sax accomplice Charlie Rouse, newer compatriots Ben Riley on drums, and bassist Larry Gales)--proves deceptively facile on the expanded reissue of this 1965 album. While Gershwin's elegant "Liza" and the standard "April in Paris" are perfect fodder for the pianist's harmonic and rhythmic tweaking, his playful take on the children's song "That Old Man" ably demonstrates how the musician could recast even the most foursquare composition in his own likeness. Even more revealing is Monk's solo exploration of the hoary "I Love You (Sweetheart of My Dreams)," a performance where his left hand seems to mine the stride foundations of his beloved J.P. Johnson, while his right flits restlessly in a different half-century. Rouse takes rewarding turns in the spotlight on "Just You, Just Me" and "Pannonica" (the latter normally a Monk solo excursion), a track that's also featured in a previously unreleased bonus outtake, along with the first take of "April in Paris," cuts that ably attest to Monk's mercurial range within a single session. The bonus, a largely improvised medley of "Just You, Just Me/Liza," also stands as testament to the intuitive bond between Monk and Rouse. --Jerry McCulley
曲目:
A1.Liza (All The Clouds'll Roll Away).dsf
A2.April In Paris.dsf
A3.That Old Man.dsf
A4.I Love You (Sweetheart Of All My Dreams).dsf
B1.Just You Just Me.dsf
B2.Pannonica.dsf
B3.Teo.dsf

试听:

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-10-27 00:29 , Processed in 0.065540 second(s), 40 queries .