积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

音乐大神

发表于 2020-2-5 08:55:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

简介:
(The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Of Francis Coppola's Movie) 破汽车检修处的机械师汉克和在旅游社工作的弗兰妮已在一起共同生活了五年。在他们庆祝五周年的那个晚上,因为一件小事,两人发生了口角而吵翻了嘴。一气之下,两人都离家出走,在城里闲逛,希望能各自找到更合其心意的伙伴。汉克和当过马戏团演员的莉拉一拍即合,而弗兰妮则同招待雷搞到了一起。经过一番波折,汉克和弗兰妮这才发现:原来对方仍然是别人无法替代的心上人。事情总是这样,恰恰印证了广告上的一句话:在有些时候,人们必须在能重新相聚之前分开。

One From the Heart is the score to the most misunderstood of Francis Ford Coppola's films. Far ahead of its time in terms of technology, use of color, montage, and set design, its soundtrack is the only thing that grounds it to earth. Coppola's movie is a metaphorical retelling of the exploits of Zeus and Hera set in Las Vegas. Coppola claims to have been taken with the male-female narrative implications of the track &I Don't Talk to Strangers,& off Tom Waits' Foreign Affairs album. That cut was a duet with Bette Midler. Midler wasn't available for One From the Heart, however, so Waits chose Crystal Gayle as his vocal foil. The result is one of the most beautifully wrought soundtrack collaborations in history. Along with producer Bones Howe, Waits and Gayle cut their duets largely from the studio floor, live with the small combo-style studio band that included the saxophonist Teddy Edwards, drummer Shelly Manne, trumpeter Jack Sheldon, pianist Pete Jolly, and bassist Greg Cohen, among others. The opening cut, a Waits piano intro that flows into the duet &Once Upon a Town,& is a study in contrasts: first there are the stark ivories and the tinkle of a coin falling upon a bar before Waits' then-still-smoky baritone (now ravaged indescribably) entwines with Gayle's clear, ringing, emotionally rich vocal, and then joined by Bob Alcivar's string orchestrations before giving way to a jazzed-out down-tempo blues, where the pair sing in call-and-response counterpoint about the disappointments in life and love. These are echoed a couple of tracks later in another duet, &Picking Up After You,& which is the ultimate starstruck breakup tune. And while there are only four duets on the entire set, they are startling in their ragged intimacy, contrasted with a stark yet elegant atmosphere and cool noir-esque irony. Gayle's solo performances on the set, which include the mournfully gorgeous &Is There Any Way out of This Dream,& with beautiful accompaniment in a tenor solo by Edwards, and the shimmering melancholy of &Old Boyfriends,& are among the finest in her long career. For his part, Waits' &I Beg Your Pardon& and &You Can't Unring a Bell& fit deftly into his post-beat hipster canon, though they are offered with less droll irony and more emotionally honest flair here than they would have if they were on his own solo recordings. Likewise, the piano and vocal duet of &Take Me Home& offers Waits' piano as a canny and intuitive counterpart to the deep sensuality of Gayle's vocal. One From the Heart is a welcome addition to any soundtrack library to be sure, but also an essential one to the shelf of any Waits or Gayle fan.
曲目:
A1. Tom's Piano Intro.dsf
A2. Once Upon A Town.dsf
A3. The Wages Of Love.dsf
A4. Is There Any Way Out Of This Dream.dsf
A5. Picking Up After You.dsf
A6. Old Boyfriends.dsf
A7. Broken Bicycles.dsf
B1. I Beg Your Pardon.dsf
B2. Little Boy Blue.dsf
B3. The Tango.dsf
B4. Circus Girl.dsf
B5. You Can't Unring A Bell.dsf
B6. This One's From The Heart.dsf
B7. Take Me Home.dsf
B8. Presents.dsf

试听:

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 12:23 , Processed in 0.082568 second(s), 42 queries .