积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

音乐大神

发表于 2020-2-6 10:12:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
简介:
This live double disc set catches The Police on two different stages and on two different shows. Disc 1 is from a 1979 live gig at The Orpheum, Boston, Mass., which was broadcasted by a local radio station, at that time. It was the first official live performance in the U.S.A. by the British trio. Musically speaking, Disc 1 portraits The Police at its rawest, with a solid punk/reggae performance supported by songs from the first two major label outings: “Outlandos D'Amour” and “Reggatta De Blanc” plus two tracks that were only released as singles: “Fall Out” and “Landlord”. Incidentally, “So Lonely” and “The Bed's Too Big Without You” were performed as extended versions of the originals, since they had very little material to cover at that time. Also, you can hear to one of the best live version of Message In A Bottle ever heard- the only way to compare this gig is with any Police Live Bootleg-.Anyway, Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers did a great job on this disc and were definitely having fun on stage. At that very early stage, egos and tensions between the three band members were far from being imagined. Disc 2 is from the 1983 Synchronicity Tour, with the live gig taking place at The Omni, Atlanta, GA. By that time, The Police's popularity was at its highest: they won a Grammy, Synchronicity went multi-platinum and kept “Every Breath You Take” on top for 17 weeks in the U.S.A., only. Musically speaking, the band sounded more polished and matured than on Disc 1. However, it seems that the show was more focused on Sting rather than on the band itself. In fact, it has been criticized the inclusion of background vocalists on the Atlanta show, which sounded more like Sting's idea rather than The Police as a band. And it was evident that some tension was felt between Sting, Copeland and Summers and that looked like as if Sting was the only living soul left on stage. In spite of it, Disc 2 had some good moments, such as Synchronicity I & II, O My God, Tea In The Sahara, Spirits In The Material World, De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da and King Of Pain. Overall, it is very good for an official live gig. Also recommended is the live bootleg at Gateshead, Newcastle (1982)
曲目:
1. Next to You
2. So Lonely
3. Truth Hits Everybody
4. Walking on the Moon
5. Hole in My Life
6. Fall Out
7. Bring on the Night
8. Message in a Bottle
9. The Bed's Too Big Without You
10. Peanuts
11. Roxanne
12. Can't Stand Losing You
13. Landlord
14. Born in the 50's
15. Be My Girl
16. Synchronicity I
17. Synchronicity II
18. Walking in Your Footsteps
19. Message in a Bottle
20. O My God
21. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
22. Wrapped Around Your Finger
23. Tea in the Sahara
24. Spirits in the Material World
25. King of Pain
26. Don't Stand So Close to Me
27. Every Breath You Take
28. Roxanne
29. Can't Stand Losing You
30. So Lonely

试听:

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 12:21 , Processed in 0.071469 second(s), 42 queries .