版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

音乐大神

发表于 2020-2-7 10:22:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
简介:
Jimmie Lee Robinson

If you tire easily of the overdone, overproduced contemporary blues – the garbage that sounds like plastic instruments being played in a tin box – and if you’ve ever wondered why that stuff is even filed under blues, than you’re like Jimmie Lee Robinson. To Jimmie Lee, the blues are more than just fast notes and wild guitar solos. They are about feelings deep and personal. They punch at emotions.

With All My Life, his second APO Records release, Jimmie Lee is aiming for goose bumps and tears. And if you’ve got appreciation for acoustic, front porch blues, you’ll have a tough time escaping his spell.

No doubt Jimmie Lee Robinson offers a delightful taste of traditional blues. His work through the years with such stalwarts as Little Walter, Howlin’ Wolf, Freddie King, Elmore James and Jimmy Reed have made their impressions on the man called The Lonely Traveler just as he has been credited with inspiring them.

On All My Life you’ll hear standby classics like a haunting, slowed-down version of Muddy Waters’ Forty Days and Forty Nights with eerie harmonica accompaniment by Madison Slim. And Jimmie Lee even covers a non-blues favorite with What a Wonderful World. His live version of that song at a 1999 concert in Blue Heaven Studios – the converted church that is home to APO Records – brought tears to scores of the 400 in attendance.

But All My Life is also packed with Jimmie Lee originals like the title track, which was once covered by John Mayall, where Jimmie Lee pleads with the woman of his dreams to return all the respect and love he’s paid to her. That track is also a perfect showcase for the classic Jimmie Lee growling vocals and the spurs jangling from his boots as the only percussion.

Unlike his first APO release, Remember Me, an almost entirely-solo effort, Jimmie Lee is joined on most of the All My Life tracks by APO artist and noted-guitarist Jimmy D. Lane and journeyman harp player Madison Slim, whose knack for acoustic blues is highlighted on this release.

Jimmie Lee has gained national attention for his protest of the destruction of Chicago’s famed Maxwell Street, said to be the birthplace of Chicago blues and the neighborhood where Jimmie Lee grew up. He fasted for 81 straight days, shunning solid food as if it was the wrecking ball he so badly wants to stop. His efforts were even documented on the front page of the New York Times.

It’s obvious Jimmie Lee takes things seriously. The same goes with his blues. He’s likely been that way all his life.
曲目:
1. Forty Days and Forty Nights
2. I’ll Be Around
3. Love My Baby
4. Driftin’ Blues
5. The Girl I Love
6. All My Life
7. I’m Ready
8. Too Late
9. The Sun Is Shining
10. Easy Baby
11. If I Get Lucky
12. Ludella
13. What A Wonderful World

试听:

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 12:17 , Processed in 0.079927 second(s), 42 queries .