Bit Depth: 64(2.8 MHz/1 Bit)
Number of channels: 5.1, 2.0
Label: Deutsche Grammophon
Size: 4.9 GB
Recovery: +3%
Scan: yes
Server: baiduyun

AllMusic:
Star pianist Lang Lang joins star conductor Valery Gergiev & the Orchestra of the Mariinsky Theatre to perform 2 star-making works of the piano & orchestra repertoire: Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 2 & the Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini. Both works contain themes that are very familiar to many. The third movement of the Concerto contains the "Full Moon & Empty Arms" theme, while the Rhapsody has the romantic 18th variation that is frequently heard in film soundtracks, most famously Somewhere in Time. The real attraction here, however, is the combination of 2 spectacular musicians who each have their own following & their own distinct style of interpretation. Lang Lang is known for being highly individual & subjective, & Gergiev is known for his attention to detail & the vitality of his readings. The resulting combination here is guaranteed to be unique &, at times, surprising.

Amazon by Michael F. on 16 Feb 2008:
I just can't believe DG has released this record with such obvious problems.
1st, the piano is overstated - mics are probably way too close & as a result the piano sound is poor in terms of clarity throughtout the recording (except perhaps in the pp & ppp passages); in fact, it just doesn't sound like a concert Steinway, rather like a prep school babygrand.
2nd, the orchestra sounds distant; it doesn't blend well with the piano.
Last but not least, Lang Lang's interpretation, whilst technically correct, is just disappointing: phrasing & articulation is not in the great masters style that we all know - it almost seems he lacks inspiration - it is rather a show off of his dexterity. This is unfortunate because I have seen Lang Lang live at the RAH, & he did a superb interpretation that day (plus his favorit Liszt encores !)
Any positives? … let me just say that the orchestra sounds very fine (although distant) & is brilliantly conducted.
All in all, I just can't believe DG has released such a crippled record - Lang Lang should record it again it (with a decent producer), & this 1 should be recalled away from the market (& buyers like myself refunded). All these problems are exacerbated if you listen in 2 ch - Mch helps by providing greater clarity to the piano - all in all 1 star in 2ch; 2 in Mch.
I guess I will keep this record as a case study of what can go wrong in top budget classical music recording.

Amazon review by A Customer on 13 Mar 2005:
The dream team of Valery Gergiev, Lang Lang & the orchestra of the Mariinsky theatre is pure enchantment & the sound quality is astounding.
I have never heard these pieces performed so beautifully before. They touch every nerve with their intoxicating mix of emotions - so brutally honest in the delivery - forcing you to feel the fear, doubt, grief, sadness & joy that Rachmaninov himself must have felt in order to write them. I don't know anything about classical music technically - but I know it should move you - & this does… It moves you to the very core!

SA-CD.net review by Allan1us September 24, 2005:
Initially I did not buy this because of some criticisms of both the balance favouring the piano more than the orchestra & of Lang Lang's interpretation. However I heard a very interesting interview with Lang Lang on Radio 3. He spoke with such sensitivity & intelligence that I got the record & very much enjoy both the concerto & the Rhapsody. The question of the balance between orchestra & soloist has not troubled me personally.

曲目:
Lang Lang, Valery Gergiev, Mariinsky Theatre Orchestra
Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No 2 & Paganini Rhapsody

Piano Concerto No.2
01. 1st movement
02. 2nd movement
03. 3rd movement

Paganini Rhapsody
04. Introduction
05. Variation I
06. Tema
07. Variation II
08. Variation III
09. Variation IV
10. Variation V
11. Variation VI
12. Variation VII
13. Variation VIII
14. Variation IX
15. Variation X
16. Variation XI
17. Variation XII
18. Variation XIII
19. Variation XIV
20. Variation XV
21. Variation XVI
22. Variation XVII
23. Variation XVIII
24. Variation XIX
25. Variation XX
26. Variation XXI
27. Variation XXII
28. Variation XXIII
29. Variation XXIV

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-10-27 02:18 , Processed in 0.075906 second(s), 42 queries .