版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

音乐大神

发表于 2020-2-11 13:47:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
简介:
Elvis Costello, Burt Bacharach

Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach first collaborated on “God Give Me Strength,” a sweeping ballad that functioned as the centerpiece in Allison Anders’ Grace of My Heart. It was a stunning song in the tradition of Bacharach’s classic ’60s work and it was successful enough that the composers decided to collaborate on a full album, Painted from Memory. Wisely, they chose to work within the stylistic parameters of Bacharach’s ’60s material, but Painted from Memory never sounds like a stylistic exercise.

Instead, it’s a return to form for both artists. Bacharach hasn’t written such graceful, powerful melodies since his glory days, and Costello hasn’t crafted such a fully realized album since King of America. It’s a testament to both that even if the album is clearly in Bacharach’s territory, it feels like a genuine collaboration. Often, the music not only evokes the spirit of Dionne Warwick, it’s reminiscent of Elvis’ torching ballads for Trust.

Costello keeps Bacharach from his schmaltzier tendencies, and Bacharach keeps Costello from overwriting. With its lush arrangements, sighing brass and strings, gentle pianos, and backing vocals, it’s clearly a classicist album, yet it sounds utterly timeless. Its melodies are immediate, its emotions subtle, its impact lasting — and, with that timeless sound, Painted from Memory illustrates that craft cannot only be its own reward, it can be genuinely moving
曲目:
1. In The Darkest Place 04:20
2. Toledo 04:36
3. I Still Have That Other Girl 02:48
4. This House Is Empty Now 05:11
5. Tears At The Birthday Party 04:43
6. Such Unlikely Lovers 03:30
7. My Thief 04:20
8. The Long Division 04:18
9. Painted From Memory 04:17
10. The Sweetest Punch 04:11
11. What’s Her Name Today? 04:10
12. God Give Me Strength 06:11

试听:

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 11:02 , Processed in 0.068353 second(s), 42 queries .