积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

音乐大神

发表于 2020-2-13 15:06:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
简介:
Composer: JOSEPH HAYDN (1732-1809), LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN (1770-1827)
Orchestra: Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra (Haydn), BBC Symphony Orchestra (Beethoven)
Conductor: Sir Colin Davis
Audio CD
Number of Discs: 1 SACD-R
Format: ISO
Bit Depth: 64(2.8 MHz/1 Bit)
Number of channels: 5.0, 2.0
Label: PentaTone
Size: 3.48 GB
Recovery: +3%
Scan: yes
Server: datafile

Pentatone PTC 5186 126 (2005)
Remastered Quadro Recording
Recorded November 1975 (Haydn) - Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, December 1975 (Beethoven) - Brent Town Hall, Wembley, London

Amazon Customer Review(s):

By J Scott Morrison:

PentaTone Music was founded in 2001 by three former executives of Philips Classics (one of the classical music labels of Universal) together with Polyhymnia International (the former recording center of Philips Classics). They have made it their mission to release historic (their term) recordings in SACD format, and are using, mostly, quadraphonic (four-channel) recordings initially released on LP in the 1970s. Quadraphonic LPs, as you probably recall, did not live up to their promise both because their incarnation on LPs didn't actually produce all that had been encoded in the recording process, and because few listeners converted their home listening equipment to the quadraphonic format. However, with the advent of SACD (and with some tweaks of the recorded material by the engineers) many of the recorded performances on quadraphonic master tapes are getting a second life.

This CD contains three of the classical music world's favorite symphonies — Nos. 88 and 99 by Haydn, and Beethoven's First. All conducted by Colin Davis, the Haydns are played by the Concertgebouw (or the 'Royal Concertgebouw' it is now designated) and the Beethoven by the BBC Symphony Orchestra. All three performances are excellent. But the big selling point here is the sound. These are hybrid SACDs, so one can listen to the plain-vanilla CD layer nicely on one's stereo, but when one listens on SACD equipment the sound blooms and it is really quite smashing.

The only complaint I have about these recording is that occasionally, as in the finale of the Beethoven, the pianissimo inner voices fade almost to inaudibility. This could be Davis's doing; his orchestra was plenty capable of playing almost inaudible pianissimi at his command (unlike some lesser orchestras), or it may have been the recording technique. However, this is a small criticism when the performances are considered overall.

I've given the release four stars because I suspect most buyers will be playing it on regular stereo equipment and in that format the sound is adequate but not much more than that. For SACD buyers, it rates five stars, particularly considering that these recordings were made over thirty years ago.

Scott Morrison

SA-CD.net Review(s):

By Castor:

The Colin Davis RBCD version of Haydn's London Symphonies, recorded between 1975 and 1981, has been a favourite recommendation for many years. It is good to have at least one of them in the excellent PentaTone RQR series coupled with No 88.
These are unashamedly 'big band' performances, but played with such affection and style that they make an excellent adjunct to the many 'period 'versions now available. Anyone who enjoys the equally refreshing versions of these works by say George Szell or Eugen Jochum will instantly warm to these.
The Concertgebouw orchestra is tonally very rich, but plays with such lightness and wit that the result never sounds heavy.
As usual PentaTone's RQR re-mastering is exemplary and the ambience of the hall is well captured by the MC version.
Having greatly enjoyed the Davis Beethoven 5th (PentaTone PTC 5186 102), I am sorry to say that I find his performance of Symphony No. 1 rather disappointing. At 29m 14s it is one of the slowest (and dullest) I have ever heard. Though neatly played by the BBC SO, it lacks tension and forward momentum. The recording, made in Brent Town Hall, Wembley, is excellent and in many respects even cleaner than that of the Haydn.
This SACD is definitely worth having for the Haydn 88 and 99 alone, but I doubt that I shall return very often to the Beethoven.
The stars I have awarded for Performance relate only to the Haydn.

曲目:
Sir Colin Davis
Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, BBC Symphony Orchestra
Haydn - Symphonies Nos. 88 & 99
Beethoven - Symphony No. 1

JOSEPH HAYDN (1732-1809)

Symphony in G, H.I No.88
1. Adagio - Allegro 6:20
2. Largo 5:46
3. Menuetto (Allegretto) 4:03
4. Finale (Allegro con spirito) 3:46

Symphony in E flat, H.I No.99
5. Adagio - Vivace assai 8:48
6. Adagio 9:10
7. Menuetto (Allegretto) 5:55
8. Finale (Vivace) 4:20

LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN (1770-1827)

Symphony No.1 in C, Op.21
9. Adagio molto - Allegro con brio 10:11
10. Andante cantabile con moto 9:03
11. Menuetto (Allegro molto e vivace) 3:51
12. Finale (Adagio - Allegro molto e vivace) 6:09

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-10-27 12:34 , Processed in 0.069629 second(s), 42 queries .