Format: ISO
Bit Depth: 64(2.8 MHz/1 Bit)
Number of channels: 5.1, 2.0
Label: Hyperion
Size: 8.63 GB
Recovery: +3%
Scan:
Server: datafile

Angela Hewitt plays Bach's English Suites on 2 SACDs.

Information on this disc from Hyperion, including reviews and more.

Review from BBC Music by Andrew McGregor

These Bach Suites are about as English as…Angela Hewitt, who follows in fellow Canadian pianist Glenn Gould's footsteps as a revered performer of Bach's keyboard music, while sounding absolutely nothing like him. The English Suites seem to have got the name because Bach intended them for 'an Englishman of rank' as an early biographer put it. The First Suite is positively French in style, while the others are more Italianate…if you've ever shuddered at the extremes of expression, interpretation, tempi and noises-off in Gould's Bach, then Hewitt should be a profound pleasure.

This is playing of such clarity and intelligence that you're encouraged to follow every strand of Bach's counterpoint, and in contrast to performers who make Bach feel brow-knittingly complicated, there's a luminous simplicity about Hewitt's playing. Gould fans (and I have my moments) shouldn't find this emotionally pallid either; with Hewitt the expressive nuances and dynamic contrasts don't feel as though they're superimposed. Instead you're drawn into her world, and Bach's, where you're never yelled at or forced to be impressed.

That's not to say that there isn't effervescent, energetic playing - there's plenty, but while brisk tempi are allowed, there's no rush, which gives Hewitt time to let every voice speak, and for her ornamentation to be impeccably delivered. Her early training in classical ballet seems to have paid off as well: she never forgets the origins of Bach's movements in dance numbers, and they step lightly and elegantly, with no vulgar whirling or posturing. The two famous Gavottes from the Third Suite are a perfect example, poised and clearly voiced, with the detached brilliance of the first Gavotte in complete contrast to the finger-legato of the second, so there's no need to change the tempo.

Some listeners may feel that Hewitt's English Suites are under-characterised, but she never needs to shout to make her point. Her booklet notes are as clear and engaging as her playing, and on the pair of hybrid CD/SACDs to which I've been listening, the recorded sound matches the musical qualities on show; crystal clear and pleasantly resonant. Everything just so, nothing out of place, no extremes… and no it's not boring, it's beautiful. Angela Hewitt's Bach is also bang on schedule: just one more volume to come in 2004, ten years after the series began. I'll be waiting in line: it's been a consistently fascinating journey

Review from Classical.net

SA-CD.net Info Page

I would strongly - very strongly - urge people who do not own this recording already to purchase a legitimate copy of it on CD if they intend to keep the SACD versions. Hyperion is an independent label in England with a long record of superlative releases, and they deserve your support. This SACD ISO set is being put here because it is increasingly difficult to find Hyperion has this album available as a regular CD, and also makes FLACs available, click here for more information.

For those interested, Hyperion also offers many of their newer recordings as 24-bit downloads - there is a handy list of them here. If you're interested in a free sampler of this month's releases, you can click here.

Of course, some of you may want an even greater bargain. Fortunately, Hyperion has one for you - the 15 CDs of Angela Hewitt's recordings of Bach's keyboard works are available from Hyperion as a box set at the bargain price of GBP 50. No excuse not to pick it up if you enjoy this album. Link to product page on Hyperion's website. Their international shipping is also quite reasonable.

曲目:
Angela Hewitt
Johann Sebastian Bach: English Suites

Disc 1

English Suite, for keyboard No. 1 in A major, BWV 806 (BC L13):

01. Prelude
02. Allemande
03. Courante I
04. Courante II
05. Sarabande
06. Bourrée I and II
07. Gigue

English Suite, for keyboard No. 2 in A minor, BWV 807 (BC L14):

08. Prelude
09. Allemande
10. Courante
11. Gigue

English Suite, for keyboard No. 3 in G minor, BWV 808 (BC L15):

12. Prelude
13. Allemande
14. Courante
15. Gavotte I and II
16. Gigue

Disc 2

English Suite, for keyboard No. 4 in F major, BWV 809 (BC L16):

01. Prelude
02. Allemande
03. Courante
04. Sarabande
05. Menuet I and II
06. Gigue

English Suite, for keyboard No. 5 in E minor, BWV 810 (BC L17):

07. Prelude
08. Allemande
09. Courante
10. Sarabande
11. Passepied I and II
12. Gigue

English Suite, for keyboard No. 6 in D minor, BWV 811 (BC L18):

13. Prelude
14. Allemande
15. Courante
16. Sarabande
17. Gavotte I and II
18. Gigue

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 12:07 , Processed in 0.077860 second(s), 42 queries .