Format: ISO
Bit Depth: 64(2.8 MHz/1 Bit)
Number of channels: 5.0, 2.0
Label: Hyperion
Size: 5.08 GB
Recovery: +3%
Scan: yes
Server: datafile

Angela Hewitt plays Chopin's Nocturnes on 2 SACDs. Since MWC is posting a few other Hyperion SACDs, I figured I'd share this one. Part of a brief return series.

Information on this disc from Hyperion, including reviews and more.

Review from Bruce Hodges at Musicweb

Fans of Ms. Hewitt, rejoice. Although Chopin is not exactly an under-recorded commodity in the catalogue, many listeners will no doubt welcome Hewitt's highly thoughtful takes on these pieces, and this is easily one of the finest recordings I've heard in the last few months. I'm a fairly recent fan of her artistry, ever since my brother bowled me over with some of her Bach Toccatas about a year ago - and this from someone who generally prefers a more regular diet of Bartók and Shostakovich. Hewitt has developed a reputation for illuminating Bach with as much intelligence as technique, and then went on to achieve similar success in Ravel and Messiaen.

And now she turns her considerable talent to Chopin, with lovely and engaging results. The very word "nocturne" implies introspection, quietude, and a bit of a dreamy state, and this recording has all of this in spades. In her superb notes, Hewitt describes the day she first explored playing the pieces faster, slightly more flowing than some pianists do, "enforcing" Chopin's metronome markings. The result preserves what everyone enjoys about these works, but with a swirling energy that may give admirers of these works a fresh new viewpoint. Hewitt's interpretations never sound rushed to my ears.

The Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9, No. 1 made an immediate impression, with its glittery top registers, and Hewitt plays this so beautifully, with the clusters of notes seeming to just drip from her fingers. But everyone will have favorites. In the later E flat major, Op. 55, No. 2 she writes "how far we have come from the early Nocturnes," and then demonstrates this by matching Chopin's masterly writing with seemingly effortless grace. This is gorgeous and subtle piano playing. The one that follows, in B major, Op. 62, No. 1, ends with some sensuous trills that Hewitt dispatches with the kind of ease that marks the entire enterprise - not that any of these works should be characterized as "easy," mind you.

Her technique is very clean, and seems relatively unstudied in its clarity. This is not heart-on-sleeve Chopin, but played with an appealing modesty - not that Hewitt's virtuosity is ever in question, let's be clear. But as with her Bach, it is straightforward, without artifice and in this case, highly evocative of dusk and perhaps mild sleeplessness.

The remaining pieces, the Impromptus, almost serve as encores to this generous recital (two discs' worth). Their fluttery textures soothe the ear after the somber, shadowy Nocturnes, and couldn't be better placed at the end of this programme. I particularly like the final Fantaisie-Impromptu in C sharp minor, with its delirious opening that gradually gives way to the broadly satisfying theme that is probably familiar to many music lovers.

My first exposure to the Nocturnes was through old LPs of Artur Rubinstein and (if I recall) Alexander Brailowsky. I probably owe it to myself to acquire these on disc for a rehearing, but I still recall these pianists' delicate shadings and colors. But Hewitt's intimacy here is most ingratiating, and I really can't imagine piano lovers, Chopin devotees, or Hewitt admirers being even mildly disappointed. And as mentioned earlier, Hewitt's notes are a model of good writing and helpful erudition - admirably clear without being pretentious. She wears her scholarship as lightly as her technique.

Hyperion's sound, as usual with this fine label, offers little room for complaints. The concert was recorded in Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, an (apparently) idyllic town in Germany, and from the sound of Hewitt's playing this must be a divine setting in which to perform and record music. Even the cover art, Reclining Nude by Jean-Jacques Henner, adds luster to a very appealing package. I can tell already that this recording will be finding its way back to my player quite often.

Review from Classical.net

Review from Gramophone

SA-CD.net Info Page

I would strongly - very strongly - urge people who do not own this recording already to purchase a legitimate copy of it on CD if they intend to keep the SACD versions. Hyperion is an independent label in England with a long record of superlative releases, and they deserve your support. This SACD ISO set is being put here because it is increasingly difficult to find Hyperion has this album available as a regular CD, and also makes FLACs available, click here for more information.

For those interested, Hyperion also offers many of their newer recordings as 24-bit downloads - there is a handy list of them here. If you're interested in a free sampler of this month's releases, you can click here.

Of course, some of you may want an even greater bargain. Fortunately, Hyperion has one for you - the 15 CDs of Angela Hewitt's recordings of Bach's keyboard works are available from Hyperion as a box set at the bargain price of GBP 50. No excuse not to pick it up if you enjoy this album. Link to product page on Hyperion's website. Their international shipping is also quite reasonable.

曲目:
Angela Hewitt
Chopin: Nocturnes (complete); Impromptu Op.29, Op.36, Op.51, Fantaisie-Impromptu Op.66

Disc 1 (68'40)

01. Nocturne in C sharp minor Op posth. (3'53)
02. Nocturne in C minor Op posth. (2'46)
03. Nocturne in B flat minor Op 9 No 1 (5'59)
04. Nocturne in E flat major Op 9 No 2 (4'34)
05. Nocturne in B major Op 9 No 3 (6'20)
06. Nocturne in F major Op 15 No 1 (4'47)
07. Nocturne in F sharp major Op 15 No 2 (3'32)
08. Nocturne in G minor Op 15 No 3 (3'34)
09. Nocturne in C sharp minor Op 27 No 1 (5'41)
10. Nocturne in D flat major Op 27 No 2 (6'05)
11. Nocturne in B major Op 32 No 1 (4'48)
12. Nocturne in A flat major Op 32 No 2 (5'21)
13. Nocturne in G minor Op 37 No 1 (6'18)
14. Nocturne in G major Op 37 No 2 (4'57)

Disc 2 (64'13)

01. Nocturne in C minor Op 48 No 1 (7'16)
02. Nocturne in F sharp minor Op 48 No 2 (6'56)
03. Nocturne in F minor Op 55 No 1 (4'38)
04. Nocturne in E flat major Op 55 No 2 (4'57)
05. Nocturne in B major Op 62 No 1 (7'29)
06. Nocturne in E major Op 62 No 2 (6'09)
07. Nocturne in E minor Op 72 No 1 (4'54)
08. Impromptu No 1 in A flat major Op 29 (4'19)
09. Impromptu No 2 in F sharp major Op 36 (6'20)
10. Impromptu No 3 in G flat major Op 51 (5'48)
11. Fantaisie-Impromptu in C sharp minor Op 66 (5'22)

付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-10-27 12:27 , Processed in 0.067576 second(s), 42 queries .