Audio CD
Number of Discs: 1 SACD-R
Format: ISO
Label: Decca
Size: 3.45 GB
Recovery: +3%
Scan: yes
Server: datafile

Vladimir Ashkenazy plays assorted solo piano works by Dmitri Shostakovich. The second of three posts of his SACD releases on Decca.

When Ashkenazy plays Shostakovich, something wonderful happens that has never happened before. This is the first credible performance of the Second Sonata. There may be several reasons other than the one I've alluded to. First, in his Fifteenth Symphony Shostakovich revealed several things about himself he had never revealed before - notably he showed up the critics who had seriously underestimated the influences of Rossini and of the German Romantics in his work. Performances accomplished before the Fifteenth Symphony was performed might be done in relative ignorance of these influences. Ashkenazy has played Schumann brilliantly, and I hear the influence of Schumann in Ashkenazy's performance of this sonata whereas neither I nor the other performers who have recorded this work, even those who knew Shostakovich, seem to have heard it.

After the Sonata, the rest of the works on this disk are very brief, the shortest only 29 seconds long. The Five Preludes of 1921 are distinct works from the 24 Preludes of Opus 34 (1935) or the Preludes and Fugues of Opus 87, not earlier versions of these later works. The three Fantastic Dances were originally published as Op 1, Op 2, and Op 3, and later gathered and republished as Opus 5, which is what is shown in the track listing. But Eric Rosebury in his notes refers to them as "Opus 1″ perhaps because, like me, he owns the earlier edition of the music. The first two of the Fantastic Dances are very reminiscent of Satie.

Aphorism #3, Nocturne, is written without bar lines or key signature. The following Elegy, written without key signature in alternating 4/4 and 5/4 time seems almost as free in tempo, whereas the succeeding numbers make almost sarcastic use of strict dance rhythms. #8 Canon, again with no key signature, is as close to 12 tone music as Shostakovich ever got. The Legend is almost frightening in its moody, mysterious growling sound. Lullaby is a very free singing line over a regular ostinato bass. In these brief, brilliant, highly experimental works Shostakovich roughed out the musical territory he would spend the rest of his life exploring in detail.

This is the first Decca high resolution recording I have encountered, and you will note that it is not a DSD recording, which is all to the good. My observation is that 4.0 surround sound is entirely adequate for solo piano. The discrete surround tracks will accurately reproduce the acoustic of the recording studio. The producer has evidently set up some highly reflective panels near the piano in the recording studio (or the piano has some odd internal resonance, which is unlikely) to give an emphasised, even sarcastic, brilliance to the piano's high notes, but in the surround tracks this results in an echo that some may find objectionable. You may prefer, as I do, to play the 2.0 stereo SACD tracks utilising your surround sound decoder for a warmer and more realistic sound.

曲目:
Piano Sonata No. 2 Op. 61

01. I. Allegretto
02. II. Largo
03. III. Moderato Con Moto

Three Fantastic Dances Op. 5.

04. I. Allegretto
05. II. Andantino – Allegretto
06. III. Allegretto

Five Preludes

07. I. Allegro Moderato E Scherzando
08. II. Andante
09. III. Allegro Moderato
10. IV. Moderato
11. V. Andantino
12. Lyric Waltz from Dances of the Dolls
13. Short Piece from The Gadfly
14. Spanish Dance from The Gadfly
15. Nocturne from the Limpid Stream

Aphorisms Op. 13

16. I. Recitative
17. II. Serenade
18. III. Nocturne
19. IV. Elegy
20. V. Marche Funebre
21. VI. Etude
22. VII. Dance Of Death
23. VIII. Canon
24. IX. Legend
25. X. Lullaby
26. Polka from The Golden Age

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
链接:
付费主题

密码:f7kf

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 12:33 , Processed in 0.080101 second(s), 42 queries .