积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

音乐大神

发表于 2020-2-23 15:19:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
专辑简介:
Karajan Conducts Wagner - Overtures & Preludes - Berliner Philharmoniker - Esoteric ESSE-90046 (2010)
SACD rip via PS3 to iso (3.10GB) | 24bit/88.2kHz flac | Only 2ch (1.27GB) DR12 (+5.85dB gain) | Classical

Originally EMI analogue recording with new DSD mastering
--------------------------------------------------------------------

SA-CD.net review by Jonalogic February 5, 2011:
I have just auditioned this. The performances are fine in that burnished Karajan/BPO way; however, the sound is rather problematical, to put it mildly. Whatever you may think of Karajan (in my case, not a lot...) I don't think that it could be denied that his Wagner - particularly when backed by 'perfektion orkester' playing from the BPO - was a formidable proposition. Think of being rolled over by a Panzer tank...
So it is, here. You can argue the merits of Klemperer, Szell, Solti & Knappertsbusch's Wagner til the cows come home, but these are fine readings, powerfully played.
So much for the good news. However, I must advise that the recording - frankly - sounds very odd indeed to me: pinched sounding, nasally coloured, diffuse imaging, no central focus, bass-light & rather phasey. In short, it's rather reminiscent of the nasty SQ encoding that these recordings were originally released in by EMI back in '74. I recall these only too well, as I was unfortunate enough to be testing these generation zero 'quad' technologies for the BBC Research Department at the time...! Not a pretty experience, to be sure. The best thing that could be said about CBS's long & deservedly extinct SQ matrix pseudo-quad system was that it was definitely even-handed in relation of the presentation of stereo & quad programme material - it sounded quite abysmal in both; anyone for 90 degrees phase difference between L & R signals for front centre images?
So, surely, SURELY Esoteric didn't use an SQ-encoded stereo master here?! If so, what had they been smoking beforehand?
I have written to the UK importer to try and find out more about this recording.
For the moment, though, I would hazard extreme caution. You have been warned.

Review by petrushka1975 March 21, 2012:
I have quite a different opinion about the sonics of this disc than the reviewer above. It is a very good transfer preserving beautifully the hall sound & spatial information. The brass & mass strings sound more recessed than forward, but not in a way that is smoothed over or lacks detail; it reveals a lot of subtle harmonies & variation -- a boon for anything Wagner. This contributes to an overall impression of sophistication & restraint & goes quite well with Karajan's Wagner conducting which is always more cerebral than visceral.
As a comparison to other discs in the Esoteric reissue program, I find the sound to be comparable in quality & character to the Beethoven Overtures disc conducted by Sir Colin Davis. It is very good even if it does not reach the sonic heights of the Decca discs in the program, but those are highest demonstration quality recordings to start with & will better the present recording on any format.
As to the source material used in the remastering, the packaging only says (in Japanese) "remastered from original analog master tapes". In comparison, the Kleiber Schubert Unfinished/No. 3 released at the same time says on the spine paper insert "remastered & mixed down in 24bit/96KHz from the highest quality, original 4 channel analog tapes". You may draw your own conclusion about what this means. Personally I don't obsess over these sort of details & always prefer evaluating a disc based on the final sonic merits, & to that end Esoteric has not disappointed.
SACD » 【Esoteric】 – Wagner: Overtures and Preludes – Karajan
曲目列表:
1. Prelude to Act 1 from "Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg"
2. Overture from "Tannhauser" (Paris Version)
3. Venusburg Music from "Tannhauser" (Paris Version)
4. Prelude to Act 1 from "Lohengrin"
5. Prelude to Act 3 from "Lohengrin"
6. Overture "Der Fliegende Hollander"
7. Prelude to Act 1 from "Tristan und Isolde"
8. Liebestod from "Tristan und Isolde"

试听:

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

初级会员

音符
音乐币
贡献
发表于 2020-12-10 10:58:18 | 显示全部楼层
Esoteric出品都是经典音乐

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 09:29 , Processed in 0.078146 second(s), 40 queries .