积分

版主

音符
音乐币
贡献

音乐大神

发表于 2020-2-24 17:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
专辑简介:
First I need to make clear that I'm reviewing the regular CD version of this disk. I haven't heard the SACD version, but feel that most of my remarks, except specifics about sound quality, will apply to it.

If you want to taste the guitar-playing delights offered up by the Romero family or if you want a fine historical record of this remarkable musical dynasty, then this is the CD for you! Jointly and severally, the Romeros do their stuff here: Celedonio (the pater familias), and his sons ángel, Celín, and Pepe. To back them up the San Antonio Symphony, in one of its very earliest major-label recordings, does its damnedest under the baton of Victor Alessandro--with truly fine results.

To capture the event with the fullest possible fidelity available in 1967 the Mercury Records engineers employ the special setup of their "Living Presence" series: a three-channel, half-inch tape recorder fed by three individual Telefunken 201 microphones, augmented here by a fourth to reinforce the center channel. All the fuss clearly pays off in the marvelous sound quality of this recording.

To get the ball rolling ángel delivers a truly excellent performance of Joaquín Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez." (Though ángel subsequently focussed on conducting, it could not have been for lack of success in playing: his mastery of the guitar is manifest.)

Next the whole family join in on Rodrigo's "Concierto Andaluz for Four Guitars and Orchestra," a joyous, tuneful exhibition of how great four guitars and orchestra can sound together. This is not heavy "symphonic" fare, but music to celebrate the joys of life and lovely sounds.

Slipping backward about 3 centuries, the same group offer a transcription of Vivaldi's "Concerto for Four Violins and Orchestra" from "L'Estro Armonico." This is, I would say, a baroque equivalent of roughly the same spirit as that of the preceding piece: a celebration of the joy of music.

Papa Celedonio next shows how the guitar is properly played by performing a transcription of Vivaldi's "Concerto in C Major for Mandolin and Orchestra." Now we come to understand that the maestro teaches by example.

To close the program sons Pepe and Celín play a third Vivaldi transcription: the "Concerto in G for Two Mandolins and Orchestra," to the beaming approval of Celedonio, we imagine.

Regardless of its historic significance, this CD is of great value for its music alone. I doubt there are significantly better recordings of these pieces anywhere. This CD is a treasure!

I should note that there is now available an SACD disk of this program. Not having heard it, I can't say how it compares with the present CD, which in any case leaves little to be desired in sound quality.
曲目列表:
  1. Concierto de Aranjuez, for guitar & orchestra: 1. Allegro con spirito
  2. Concierto de Aranjuez, for guitar & orchestra: 2. Adagio
  3. Concierto de Aranjuez, for guitar & orchestra: 3. Allegro gentile
  4. Concierto andaluz for 4 guitars & orchestra: 1. Tiempo de Bolero
  5. Concierto andaluz for 4 guitars & orchestra: 2. Adagio
  6. Concierto andaluz for 4 guitars & orchestra: 3. Allegretto
  7. Concerto for 4 violins, cello, strings & continuo in B minor ('L'estro armonico' No. 10) Op. 3/10, RV 580: 1. Allegro
  8. Concerto for 4 violins, cello, strings & continuo in B minor ('L'estro armonico' No. 10) Op. 3/10, RV 580: 2. Largo - Larghetto
  9. Concerto for 4 violins, cello, strings & continuo in B minor ('L'estro armonico' No. 10) Op. 3/10, RV 580: 3. Allegro
  10. Mandolin Concerto, for mandolin, strings & continuo in C major, RV 425: 1. Allegro
  11. Mandolin Concerto, for mandolin, strings & continuo in C major, RV 425: 2. Largo
  12. Mandolin Concerto, for mandolin, strings & continuo in C major, RV 425: 3. Allegro
  13. Double Mandolin Concerto, for 2 mandolins, strings & continuo in G major, RV 532: 1. Allegro
  14. Double Mandolin Concerto, for 2 mandolins, strings & continuo in G major, RV 532: 2. Andante
  15. Double Mandolin Concerto, for 2 mandolins, strings & continuo in G major, RV 532: 3. Allegro

试听:

VIP用户可直接查看以下付费内容,报错点这里
付费主题

温馨提示

记得善用社区搜索功能,那里可能会有你想要的资源;论坛站内搜索

如果你有什么需要的资源可以去资源求档发帖,求助社区的网友,我们会在第一时间给你回复哦;资源求档

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|捌零 ( 反馈邮箱:admin@ptcd.net )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 12:34 , Processed in 0.077131 second(s), 42 queries .